USE OF EMCOOLS ACTIVE.PADS AND COOLING BOOTS
With the right application and handling of the emcools Active.Pads and the special emcools horse-cooling boots an optimal cooling result for your horse is ensured.
OPTIMAL USE OF EMCOOLS ACTIVE.PADS AND COOLING BOOTS
- Remove the cooling pads from the protective foil before first use
- Store the pads in the freezer overnight before first use.
- We recommend 18 ° C – 21 ° C to optimise the cooling performance of the emcools Active.Pads
- Take the emcools Active.Pads out of the freezer and bend them slightly
- Slide them into the inside pocket of the cooling boots.
- The smooth surface lies on the horse’s leg. The honeycombs are outward.
- Attach the boots to the dry horse leg.
- The gaiters can be adjusted to the horse’s leg with the flexible hook-and-loop fastener.
- The duration of the application depends on the particular application target.
OPTIMAL STORAGE OF EMCOOLS ACTIVE.PADS
- After use, put the emcools Active.Pads back in the freezer.
- emcools Active.Pads can be used several times a day.
- Store several emcools Active.Pads in the freezer for immediate access to a ready-chilled product when needed.
- For longer transportation, in stables or at shows we recommend storing them in a special cooling box or mobile freezer.
- The emcools Active.Pads save space in the freezer and are easy to handle & store.
IMPORTANT NOTES about THE EMCOOLS ACTIVE.PAD
- DO NOT customize the size by cutting into the honey-comb structure. If you need a smaller pad – we offer smaller pads, too.
- Before using the emcools Active.Pads with HypoCarbon® technology and cooling boots for the first time, please read carefully the user manual to get the maximum cooling performance by the careful and successful handling of the emcools Active.Pads.
CARE AND ENVIRONMENT
- The emcools Active.Pads with HypoCarbon® technology can be reused. Easy to clean by hand with water and mild (pH neutral) soap. Avoid using sharp objects or heating above 60 °C in connection with the pads.
- Leakage of the liquid and non-toxic HypoCarbon® is harmless for horses and humans.
- As few stables or tournament locations provide freezer facilities at this time, the use of a mini-freezer (about 30 liters) is convenient. In practice, the pooling of several rider colleagues has proven both practical and economical as cost can be shared and Active.Pads get used several times a day.
- Compared to treatments, rehabilitation and outage the costs of emcools Active.Pads and boots are very low.